Sunday, September 11, 2016

Guild meeting, September

This post comes to you from the immediate past president of the  Northern Lake County Quilters Guild .  I finished the second consecutive two-year term and, after a write-in vote at Wednesday's meeting, there will be co-presidents for the coming biennium.  (I am co-chair for the November quilt show so I'm not going away.)

Beth Helfter, d/b/a EvaPaige Quilt Designs , was the guest speaker at this month's meeting.   I met Beth online a couple of years ago when I signed up for the teal mini swap she coordinates each year.  The swap connects quiltmakers and raises funds for ovarian cancer research.  It was a delight to meet Beth in person.

The trunk show included the quilts Beth made for Quiltmaker's Scrap Squad. Squad members reinterpreted quilts patterned in each issue of the magazine and blogged about their fabric choices.
You can see Scrap Squad projects on the Quiltmaker website here .

Scroll down to the end of this post to see the two quilts I've made from Beth's patterns.



This is Beth's first scrappy quilt, years before the scrap squad. She says she now thinks it's boring.

 Quilt on the left is made with all-the-same-fabric-line jelly rolls. Quilt on the right has the same colorway but a wide variety of prints.









Beth took both these photos of me with Chasing Rainbows and Vinnie's Beads.  (Beth's patterns are called Kickin' Stash and Vinnie Loves Maude.)


1 comment:

  1. Great inspiration in these photos. I really like the log cabin variation -- Chasing Rainbows? I don't see a striking difference between using jelly rolls and personal stash. On the other hand I seldom buy jelly rolls. Were the two quite different in person. I assume personal stash would be more vibrant and interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.