I finished quilting Daisy Patch #2 on Wednesday. (It looks just like the Daisy Patch pictured in the preceding post.) This one will be presented on June 14.
I should have worked on the tote bag I began in April (see this post), but I didn't. Instead I cut brown and aqua strips. This year I intend to make 12 48-block HeartStrings quilts, one a month. I have made hundreds of HS blocks over the years, most of them according to the "standard" HS pattern (red or blue centers and a pleasant miscellany for the other strips). Occasionally the HS group has a challenge to use a particular color (say, purple centers) or colorway (say, black/white/bright). For my 2015 series I'm trying to use specific fabric collections that I've acquired -- 30's'; polka dots; homespun plaids; animal skin prints. (Click on the HeartStrings label on the side to see them all.) When I was reshelving fabric and found the chocolate and aqua stack I thought it was high time to sew them into something. Here's the result. I love the color combination!
BTW, I have donated two of this year's HS quilts. The 30's edition went to the Zion Woman's Club/ Zion Conservatory of Music fundraiser. The polka dot edition will be auctioned this evening at our Rotary golf outing.
Next project: the tote bag. Definitely.