Blue Rail Fence is quilted and bound! There was just enough of the dark blue floral to use on the back. I used turquoise thread for the quilting.
At the same time that I found the seven blue rail fence blocks that were the nucleus of this quilt I found a bag with 43 6.5" red rail fence blocks. I thought about making a companion quilt but then I remembered a half-begun project (so half-begun that I didn't even count it as a flimsy). The HBP was made of 42 red rail fence blocks that used 5 2" strips. I recalled assembling them and thinking, "Too much red," and putting them away. Well, I combined the two. I finagled the 6.5" blocks to fit as a border, and I sewed them on. Way, way too much red. So I removed the outer borders, borders, added a 1.5" black border, and reattached the outer borders.