What to do when the power's out? I seized the day and left town.
Specifically, I drove 98 miles southwest to Sandwich to visit Wanda . We've known one another for years but this was the first time we've met in person.
Her house is full of color -- beautiful purple/heliotrope living room, bright yellow bedroom -- with quilts everywhere. And her basement is filled with fabric and sewing machines and quilts in progress.
I took a circuitous route home (with a stop to see Magpie friend Anna). I avoided tollway rush hour traffic so I didn't get back until 7:30 p.m. While I was on the road neighbor Mike called to say the power was restored at 5 p.m. It was such a relief to return to lights on!
Back to sewing this evening.
Linking up with Wednesday Wait Loss
I saw that picture and exclaimed, “Nann visited Wanda!” How wonderful that you two got to finally meet! And if I’m being honest, I’m totally jealous! You’re both superstars in my book. 🥰
ReplyDeleteWanda is my absolute first person on the list to meet! She has helped and encouraged me over the years!
ReplyDeleteThat was a great idea, Nann! We get hints of Wanda's quilts and beautiful garden in her blog, but seeing them in person would be really fun. Glad you came home to the power back on!
ReplyDeleteHow lovely that you were able to visit Wanda for the day! I enjoyed seeing your smiling faces together!
ReplyDeleteWhen you emailed answering a previous comment, Wanda was my first guess for who you visited - hooray for meeting in person. And double happy that your power is back.
ReplyDeleteOoh would love to meet her too and bask in that basement!
ReplyDeleteNice you met Wanda and that you were close enough to drive. I hope you didn't get damage from the storm. I would love seeing Wanda and her studio in person!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeletewhat a fantastic day of LEMONADE! Cheers to you.
I know the two of you had a great time! I'm so happy you made the opportunity and I can just imagine the fun you had exploring her studio.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you made the best of it! I love meeting blog folks in person.
ReplyDelete