Friday, July 31, 2026

Friday check in: hopscotch and OMG

 


After the Rotary breakfast meeting I had a couple of errands.  It was too early for lunch so I took a 2-mile walk at Lyons Woods.  



Upper right: lobelia is such a beautiful blue!

Upper left:  I picked a handful of blackberries and carried them in a tissue. I had them on my oatmeal this morning.




If you look in the center you'll see a bluejay.



It was a beautiful warm and sunny evening. Instead of sewing I went to the bandshell and heard Mariachi Universitario.   I spent some time looking up mariachi history on Wikipedia -- I learned a lot!   

Concerts like this are fine to attend on my own, though I do miss my date!

# # # # # #




In the studio:  




Bonnie Hunter's Hopscotch Butterscotch pattern uses 20 blocks.  I may make more. I am in no danger of running out of 2" squares or strips.



Time to report on my July goals.   
  (1)  label and donate the wheelchair-sized quilts I made last year. (2) make the July top-along   (3) Make the July aqua RSC blocks for my ongoing project.  

I didn't accomplish #1 but I did #2 and #3. 

Linking up with OMG July and Finished or Not Friday


9 comments:

  1. Finishing two of three goals is a pretty good average I would say. I love those aqua strips. That's a colour I don't seem to have in my stash. Does that mean there has to be some stash acquisition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice BH blocks! when i lived in boston i would often drop in at fanueil market after work for a quick bite and it's communal seating....always met interesting people...lots of tourists...i never felt alone when i lived there. i was in my late 40s and it was the young, single career gal life i never had earlier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those aquas are SO pretty. Glad you decided to go to the concert - looks like a nice night for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to know you're still going to the concerts and enjoying them! The hopscotch blocks are so pretty and colorful - they'll make a fun quilt. Reaching two out of three goals of the month is perfectly fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on using up so many scraps. All your projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful night to go to the concert. I can only imagine how hard it is to miss your date. I admire you for continuing to go and do things. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blue/green top-along is striking, and so simple! Into the Community First! Quilters' inspiration folder it goes.

    Bird 'Pie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Hopscotch blocks are coming along beautifully. Sounds like you had a busy week even with the power outage.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.