Friday, July 28, 2023

Friday update: challenge completed + using left overs

 

My entry for the guild challenge is quilted, bound, and labeled.   

This is all I will show you because it's a surprise. The reveal is at the September 6 guild meeting. 

At the PieFest in 2008 I made a lot of red/black/white flying geese.  They are 3" x 5-1/2" unfinished.   I used five in this project.  




I put the remaining geese on the design wall.  I contemplated blocks -- Yankee puzzle, Louisiana, variable star -- but I wanted to get something done before I lost heart or got distracted by something else.  I didn't fuss much with the color distribution but I made about 10 more geese to liven things up (there were several dark, dark red + dark black that I didn't include).   20 geese @ 2.5" finished = 50".  The piece of black grid print (reads as gray) was 51" long.  That settled it.

45 x 60.  


I've achieved all my July goals*  and will link this post to Elm Street Quilts OMG

*(1) two quilts for Nancy's friend's mission project, (2) string blocks for a swap, (3) placemats for us, (4) guild challenge, (5) something red (=the guild challenge again).

I'm also linking up with Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Peacock Party

Finished or Not Friday  


5 comments:

  1. yup another scrappy winner...great design for those fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the reveal of the front. As it is, the back looks pretty great on its own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The placement of the geese in vertical strips provides order, while the random placement of the brighter geese allows the eye to roam. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the geese but can't wait to see your challenge quilt! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flying geese quilt. Looking forward to seeing the other in the future.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.