Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Midweek: wrapping up May with OMG and the stash report

 

Mid-Monday morning we set up our chairs on Sheridan Road to watch the Winthrop Harbor Memorial Day parade.    Hometown parades are best! 


There's a spot at Illinois Beach where lupine blooms every year.  

Cue Miss Rumphius!  (I have gone back and harvested some of the seeds but they haven't germinated in my garden.) 

# #  # # #

OMG for May:  (1) something orange -- in two quilt backs and one quilt top 

and (2) the wall hanging for the ALA silent auction 


I shipped the wall hanging and five of my quilts to the ALA conference exhibits manager.   That made a slight reduction in stack of quilts-waiting-for-the-right-occasion.  (Though I added two to that stack with Chunky Bars and GeoChic.) 

I sold this quilt !  The buyer is tickled.  "I am so happy to have a Nann original," she wrote.

# # # # #

Stash report for May: 

Fabric IN:  85 yards, $62 = .73 per yard.  Thrift-store sheets, church rummage sale, and guild giveaway.

Fabric OUT:  71-1/4   Scraps and yardage sent to R.R. and C.B.  I toss slivers into a bag and when it's full I weigh it--24 yards of those trimmings this month!

Fabric IN January-May:  331-1/2, $840, avg. $2.53 per yard.

Fabric OUT January-May:  349-1/2.   Net reduction:  18.  


Linking up with Midweek Makers  Wednesday Wait Loss  Elm Street Quilts

P.S.  At the parade.  Finally some warm weather!

4 comments:

  1. I love small town parades too. In July we have the annual Rodeo parade here. Then in September is Blue & White Days parade, which is the local college homecoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lupins grow along the railways, on odd bits of neglected land but they refuse to grow in my garden. I suspect that slugs are the culprits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Lupins, and of course Miss Rumphias. Excellent comment on the bag. We have hit 80 today but luckily no humidity. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never had any luck growing lupins either despite trying pretty much every year.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.