Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Midweek: two starts

 It's been chilly and rainy this week.  I haven't had a good walk for a while and I miss the exercise.

Monday afternoon I helped set up for our church rummage sale.   I'll be back Thursday to work an evening shift.  Helpers get to buy early with 50% off the already rock-bottom prices.  I spent $10 and got 9-1/4 yards of fabric, an unopened package of 45mm rotary blades, and six alike never-used dishtowels.   

Zion Woman's Club met for lunch Tuesday, the final general meeting of the program year.  

# # # # #

I've begun two projects.     

OMG for May.  The library panel is from a conference tote bag. It's about 12 x 16.   This will be a wall hanging for the silent auction at the ALA annual conference in June.  




Every year I make a couple of holiday-themed quilts for fundraisers.   The torn-from-a-magazine pattern calls for 120 6" bow ties.   Of course you know that this will hardly dent the boxes of Christmas scrap fabric.

It's interesting to see how the red, blue, and green bow ties stand out against the varied backgrounds.

Linking up with Midweek Makers  Wednesday Wait Loss







8 comments:

  1. love bow ties....DC again in june? hmmm MARC train just a mile from my apt soooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paying you a return visit and I think I'll be sticking around! I was happy to note that you are a librarian - something near to my heart. I'm a huge supporter of libraries and started volunteering in our little local library when I was 14...went on to work in a high school where I spent half days as the library secretary. After our kids were grown I joined the local quilt guild and was their librarian for a number of years. Now I make sure to keep the local library circulation numbers up because both Resident Chef and I are big readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Library panel wall-hanging in progress! The bow tie blocks are a favorite of mine, too - I've even been working on some this week. Wishing you some long walks as this week goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The library panel is going to make a fun wall hanging. You've made a good number of those bowtie blocks. Do they all go in one quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that library panel! I bet a lot of people will bid on that. Your bow ties are so cute and yes, it is interesting how they are so different from each other! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bowtie blocks are looking great, perfect for the holidays. My first job beside babysitting as a teen was at our local library, two evenings a week, reshelving all the day's book returns and tidying the children's room. Minimum wage, which as I recall, was $1.25/hour. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first line could be the beginning of my journal, I'm not made of sugar but I don't like walking in mud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your library panel will be a big hit at the auction! Love the bow ties, too, and am always interested in how fabric changes depending on what it is paired with.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.