Friday, March 3, 2023

QuiltCon, part 4: people and shopping



 It was such fun to meet blogging friend Preeti ! We joined her and her friend  Mell for dinner on Saturday. 




At the opening session I recognized the woman who sat next to us at the end of the row.   Merikay Waldvogel is a quilt historian. She said she'd just returned from a three-week textile tour of India.  




No, Kaffe wasn't at the show but his cut-out was.  LOL!


 


Thomas Knauer was autographing his latest book.  I've admired his work and quilting philosophy for a long time.

(Authors/books: a little like being at ALA.)


Carole Lyle's Shaw's stash management lecture (see the first post in this series) was very much on my mind when it got to fabric shopping at the show.    I stuck to genres I can't get at local shops:  African wax resist and Australian prints.  I  got FQ bundles of light neutrals.   I indulged in some whimsical prints by Little House Cottons  And, yes, a bundle of Kaffe FQs.    



27-1/4 yards. It could have been a lot more.

My suitcase weighed 47 lbs on the airline scale.  Just under the limit!

# # # # 

Our afternoon flight was uneventful.   I was home at 5:40.    It was a grand trip.

P.S. This was an adventure at home, too.  Our housecleaner, who was a CNA in a previous career, came in each day.   She prepared Stevens' lunch and dinner.  And the house got cleaned, too.   He and she get along very well and she said she's happy to do it the next time I go out of town.  


7 comments:

  1. A wonderful adventure!! - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merikay is one of the most approachable and down-to-earth quilt people I know. She even remembers my name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all of the posts on QuiltCon. It looks like you and Anna had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow....looks like loads of fun! great haul...love those australian prints....oh and the kaffes also...glad to hear stevens was pampered....good thinking as he will encourage you to keep going...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that the housekeeper worked out, bonus points for a clean house to return to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at Quilt Con. Even better to come home to a clean house and a happy husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a relief it must have been to have someone you knew and trusted to be there for Steven while you were away. SEW much easier to enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.