Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Midweek: OMG March roundup

 

I went to the marina/state park at sunset yesterday to see the conjunction of five planets .   The sky was cloudless.


I saw Venus (here) and Mars (much fainter) but I didn't see the others, even with binoculars.  Another couple (whom I did not know) drove up.  We chatted as we tried to figure out what were planets and what were stars.  We were the only people at that stretch of the lakefront, though a cop pulled up to remind us that the park closed at sunset.  I showed him a website photo/illustration of what we were looking at and he said he was going to take a look for himself.

After almost an hour I was cold and had to get home.

# # # # #

I am pleased to report that I met my March OMG.  

Part 1:  something green for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge -- eight placemats for the guild charity project



Part 2:  quilt the four wheelchair quilts from my flimsy-making spree (Dec.-Jan.) 




Not only did I quilt those four but I also pieced and quilted another.  

That totals 14 wheelchair quilts for this guild project.  


Part 3:   Decide on a quilted something as the Zion Woman's Club donation to the Illinois GFWC convention.   

I made the decision and chose a wall hanging I made a while ago.  

# # # # #







I'm having fun and making progress on a new project. I hope to have a flimsy to show you soon!

Linking up with Midweek Makers
OMG March 2023   Wednesday Wait Loss

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are a quilting machine! Those wheelchair quilts are so pretty and will bring lots of cheer. The placemats are so pretty! So perfect for brightening someone's day. And your Zion Women's Club donation is simply gorgeous. Gosh knows what you've got up your sleeve next! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drawn to the curves on the top centre placemat, one of my (many) issues with curves is that I can never draw them the way they look in my mind. Yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.