Friday, October 7, 2022

Friday check in: a few flowers, Ado Annie, and OMG declaration

 

This praying mantis was on the wall along the front walk at the library yesterday.  


In the library garden:  end-of-season zinnias (Zion's official flower) surround a rose.  Colder weather came in last evening. 

# # # # #









I've concluded that I am the Ado Annie of fabric -- I can't say no! At Wednesday's guild meeting Barb gave me a big bag with more of Dorothy's fabric.  (Mostly FQs and a few half yards this time.) 36 yards by weight.  

There are a few blocks, too. 

# # # # #




I've had a week to determine my One Monthly Goal for October.  I'm going to go easy on myself because I have two fairly big non-quilting projects that I **have** to get done.    


I'm going to finish Entwined -- that is, quilted, bound, labeled.  I have the 16 big blocks completed and 30 out of 48 medium blocks.  After that are 36 small blocks.  They're not difficult but they are fiddly -- lots of cutting, lots of sewing. 

Linking up with OMG at Elm Street Quilts and Finished or Not Friday

6 comments:

  1. That is going to be a beautiful quilt with all of those neutrals - they give it depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like there are some blocks in Dorothy's bag, too! We know you always make good use of your fabric finds. Spectrum looks like a beautiful design - I'm curious to know how those next blocks will be used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad to see the season end....i've one more week at the farmer's market....nice haul there...lots of fun ahead no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Zinnias! So many different shapes and colors and they are butterfly magnets and make great bouquets. I save my seed from year to year and always plant a big patch of them. Hmmm, I haven't harvested any seeds yet from this year's batch yet.
    Ado Annie of fabric made me laugh.
    Good luck on your two big non quilty goals as well as Spectrum completion.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn seemed to sneak in this year, we finally have highs in the 60's for the first time since last spring. Good luck with your OMG for October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha!! but if you say No - think of the goodies you may miss out on ;-)
    Love your OMG - that is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.