Saturday, September 10, 2022

Her Majesty

Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor
21 April 1926 - 8 September 2022

Well done, thou good and faithful servant. (Matt. 25:21)
 

My first real awareness of Queen Elizabeth was when she and Prince Philip came to Chicago in 1959 for the opening of the St. Lawrence Seaway.  

My mother looked like the Queen (if the angle of the photo was just right).  They were nearly the same age and Mother was also Scots and English. 



Elizabeth and Margaret and their first corgi in 1933.


I took this picture at the Reagan Presidential Library in 2015. I commented that I had never seen the Queen's handwriting.  (And a gracious letter. Of course.)


"Thank you, m'am."

Here is the link to the YouTube video of the afternoon the Queen had tea with Paddington. 

2 comments:

  1. Prince (now King) Charles was born on my 8th birthday, 1948, so I was watching all of the royal news after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being my given name is Elizabeth, my new classmates in TN (we had just moved from VA about coronation time) took to calling me "Queen Elizabeth" and reenacting the coronation.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.