Friday, September 2, 2022

Friday check in: stash report, a finish, and OMG

 


A blue-eyed bunny for the September Rabbit Rabbit good luck charm.  (I do remember to say it first thing on the first of the month.)

# # # # # 

Stash report:

August fabric in: 99 yards, $15 (I got some great gifts)

August fabric out:  26-1/4

YTD fabric in: 1520-5/8, $8.70.  That's $1.86/yard.  (Imagine if I'd paid today's going price (say, $13/yd) -- $19,760!)   Remember, I've gotten several destashes in 2022.

YTF fabric out: 146.   

# # # # #

It's nice to begin the month with a finish.  Here is It's Not Ohio Star. 










The back uses a lovely floral print that I got at an estate sale in 2021. Just fifty cents for four yards!  (I often note the acquisition and price for backing-length pieces.)

# # # # # 

The Magpies are making quilts in memory of Sarah Curry who passed away earlier this summer. Quilts, plural, for her twin sons.  Sarah's favorite block was Variable Star. She loved bright colors. She detested brown, saying that she got enough of that in the arid New Mexico landscape where she lived.   I volunteered to set the blocks.  So far I've sorted them in one box for Mark and one box for Gregg.  My One Monthly Goal for September is to get the two flimsies assembled and send them to Carolyn for quilting.


Linking up with Alycia and friends at  Finished or Not Friday  as well as Elm Street Quilts.

P.S.  On Tuesday Stevens and I went to McDonald Woods where I enjoyed a walk with Nancy. She and I met on the Women of Road Scholar FB group. We live 15 miles apart and had never met in person. 

P.S. 2  The rest of the week has been too hot for afternoon hiking but I've gotten so that I need to stretch my legs!  I snapped this sunset photo on a neighborhood (1-mile) walk yesterday evening.  



  


7 comments:

  1. Lovely finish of your Not* Ohio Star quilt.
    *Why "Not"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your not ohio star ;looks great and an awesome find for the backing! so sweet you you to assemble the variable star quilts in honor of your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good at finding fabric bargains! I love how your Not Ohio Star quilt turned out - pretty color in it. It's been hot here, too - sometimes a sunset walk is the best time to go. You got a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Not Ohio Stars is a great finish, Nann. I sure do love all those plaids. This looks like such a cozy quilt. I have a few stacks of plaids awaiting decision on a quilt block. Maybe this one....
    Best wishes for your One Monthly Goal in September.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great finish nann....oooh will send you some very cool new england air...fleece pants and sweatshirt today...glad you have a walking buddy....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "Not an Ohio Star" is fabulous!!
    and wow - great record keeping. So curious - when you get fabric in ... so you have a sorting method?
    Love your hiking photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great estate sale find. The perfect backing! Good luck with your OMG. Such a very special project to work on.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.