Monday, July 18, 2022

Weekly update: nearly finished

 


On Saturday evening we saw Sondheim's Into the Woods at the College of Lake County's performing arts center.  Fairy tales retold, and how!   



It was the first live theater we've seen since 2019.  (Bonus:  tickets were only $17 each.)    

# # # # # 




This is what happens when I don't have a specific project to work and I just have to sew something.  The batik crumbs are quilted.  I hope to get the binding (orange) sewn on this evening. When it's all finished I'll post a picture of the pieced back.  

I got a good walk on Saturday afternoon.  After church on Sunday I mowed the lawn (little growth during this dry, dry, dry period) and then buckled down to collate/stuff/label the Rotary golf outing mailing.  I had a good audiobook to entertain me (#5 in the C. J. Box Joe Pickett series).



The colors in the quilt echo the colors in this 
Turk's Cap lily.   (Photo taken at Illinois Beach State Park on Saturday.) 

Linking up with Design Wall Monday  Monday Making  Oh Scrap!



5 comments:

  1. That lovely orange is going to be great with your crumb quilt. Who would have thought teal and orange would look so great together. Nothing like a good audio book to entertain while doing mindless work. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is fun and that orange binding is perfect to set off the colors in the crumb blocks. I love live theater too. My girls took me to a performance back in January as part of my Christmas gift. Our community has a pretty good theater group, and I've just seen the new season listing. So we have some to look forward to again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your batik crumb quilt is fabulous!!! Love the orange binding and the floral inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats lovely to get out to see a live show again. The teal and the orange look great together!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.