Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Midweek: a finish

 The batik crumb geese quilt is finished. (Anyone have suggestions for a better name than "crumby geese"?)



You can just about see the orange binding.

I used two batiks for the back. They blend so well that you can barely see the "zipper" that combines the them. 


I usually don't use batiks as quilt backs because I still consider them "special." However, I'm trying to use up batik yardage as well as scraps.




Closeup of the zipper.

 I have new projects in the works! Come back on Friday to see them.



 Linking up with Midweek Makers  Wednesday Wait Loss


Left: monarda (bee balm) at Illinois Beach State Park on Monday.  It was too hot (93) to take a walk yesterday afternoon.  During hot spells like these I'm grateful for central air conditioning! Hope you are able to stay cool, too.     




12 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish and you saved all those scraps from the landfill--👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely finish! The batik on the back really works perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the crumby geese. Also love all batiks so in my world that backing is perfect! Like you I tend to keep the batiks for a "special " quilt, what are we waiting for?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about "Going My Way?" for your quilt's name? It's a wondeful quilt!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara Anne, I like your suggestion. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your crumby geese! yet another creative way to use up the its and bits. may i borrow this idea?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. another wow quilt nann! i too am sequestered in the central a/c...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blue is a perfect compliment to your scrappy geese blocks. Pretty quilt! The way you ordered the back is wonderful. I've got to remember that. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know there was purple Bee Balm, I have a lot of red. You are right the backing batiks really do blend, I had to look really hard to see the zipper! Such a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the crumbs and the great upcycling. How about geesy piecy? but crumby geese is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt. Colors are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.