Friday, April 1, 2022

Friday check in: birds have perched, OMG for April, and a new start

 


Rabbit, rabbit! Happy April to all! 


 

I appliqued three birds to the quilt. 








Look at the dates on the two fabrics in the pieced back.  Sometimes I remember where and when I got a particular piece. The daisy-print was a purchase when I spent a weekend in West Virginia in August, 2001.  There was enough left (after chipping away at it for years) for a 10" insert.  

# # # # #

My OMG for April is to make a daisy-themed tote bag.  It's for the chair of the Illinois P.E.O. Home Fund committee.  

# # # # #

I have a complete run of American Patchwork & Quilting.  I've been slowing perusing the back issues, re-discovering designs that appealed to me years ago, finding post-it notes on designs that once caught my eye -- and finding designs that are just the thing right now.  Case in point:  this pattern by Jan Ragaller was published in 2003.  Here's what I made last evening.  Those Civil War repro bins don't seem to be one whit diminished. 



Linking up with other bloggers at Finished or Not Friday  and OMG at Elm Street Quilts


 

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty block, especially when set on point. Good luck with your bag this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely projects on the go, Nann. Happy finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty blocks and fabrics. We both love prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the birds look cute on the bird house quilt! The new quilt is stunning and I am amazed at the difference switching the light and dark values has. It looks like an entirely different pattern! Here’s hoping we get some real spring weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The window pane is going to be amazing!
    And your birds... they are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little birdies are perfect, such a fun addition to the birdhouse quilt. You definitely got a good start on your newest project. I have notebooks of old quilt magazine patterns, I'm avoiding those at the moment till I work down the UFO list a bit.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.