Sunday, August 22, 2021

Magpie meet up, now and then

 

The Magpies met by Zoom this week.  Maine, Massachusetts, Ontario, Virginia, Illinois, Nebraska, Oregon, British Columbia (x 2), and Western Australia.   Liz is newest Magpie -- in memory/honor of her mother Celia who passed away last fall.

Twenty years ago this month (August 10-12, 2001) the Magpies met up in Kansas City for a weekend of friendship, quilting, and some adventures. I dug out some photos. We haven't changed that much, have we? 



front: Jean, Chris

center: Anna, Celia

back: Janet, Stacey, Nann, Verdi, Tami

We're pretty sure that Verdi made the quilt. 


Upper left: a group went to Build-a-Bear.  Center right: Janet played Old Maid with Stacey's child Ryan. Lower left: why did Jean say she'd kiss the cow at the BBQ place?  Lower center: Anna quilted. (I did, too -- the first trip I'd taken with my then new-to-me Featherweight.)

I had a rental car. Celia and I went to the Kansas City art museum and saw an exhibit of Scythian gold. (Why do I remember those details?)  I took an evening away from the group to have dinner with my college friends Alex and Randy.

The world changed exactly a month later. But the Magpies are still friends, still quilting, and looking forward to meeting up at QuiltCon Phoenix in 2022. 

2 comments:

  1. how nice to have friends for so long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the world has changed considerably since then. It's friends like yours and mine that keep us moving forward.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.