Friday, November 20, 2020

WIP on Friday

 
64 degrees on Thursday!  We discovered Sun Lake Forest Preserve  
 As the website explains, the trail is distant from the lake because the shoreline is ecologically fragile.  (The lake is the center right image in the collage photo. That was as close as I could get. The upper left image is a trailside pond.) 

# # # # # # # # # #



I have so many ideas for the CWRSRP (Civil War Reproduction Stash Reduction Project). There are books by Jo Morton, Carol Hopkins, Julie Hendrickson, and Kim Diehl. There's a stack of patterns from magazines.  

Will I continue to reduce or will I replenish?  Confession:  I replenished. But just a little.  I had to add some sparkle, right?







A Jo Morton design for 6.5" nine-patch stars (brown, gold, and red) was the starting point for this week's project.  Hers was a 16-block wall hanging. I kept making blocks! 

 I was sure I was going to use simple slab borders with the red stripe (left). Then I added nine-patch corners. Then I auditioned two other borders (top and right).  And now I'm contemplating something more elaborate.  


Linking up with other quiltmakers: Finished or Not

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?


10 comments:

  1. Oh Nann! Another beautiful quilt! I can’t believe how much you get done! And yes you are allowed to fill in when you are so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nann, I just love your Jo Morton quilt! Lovely and perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another very nice one nann...go big or go home...can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could easily help you enhance your stash. What are you lacking? Those blocks are similar to what I am making for the monster quilt. I never thought about setting them on point. That way I wouldn't need as many blocks ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a few warm days here too. Gosh, I didn't realize there were so many preserves and parks around you. Walking through them must be a great way to exercise with all the different plants and scenery.

    I'm watching your CWRSRP with interest because someday I'll have one of my own. Those 9P Stars are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am following your project too as I am busting my repro double pinks and shirting fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you were going scrappy with multiple border prints. LOL! Best of luck on deciding on your next step for this lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nann! I'm just getting around to catching up on folks' blogs! I love your quilt in progress! The blocks are just the right color! So much fun checking out your work! Take care and stay safe! Looking forward to seeing all you do with the CWRSRP! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a quilt demanding more than simple! It will be fun to see where you go with this one. (What? you replenished what you are trying to use???)

    ReplyDelete
  10. reduce or replenish - that just really popped out at me!! definitely replenish - these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.