Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Midweek: voting, sunshine, and CW birds

I was among the many women who wore pearls yesterday to honor the life and legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsberg on Election Day.  I chose my mother-in-law's necklace and earrings because they're real (mine are imitation).  Screw-back earrings are tricky to put on!)  

(I stitched the little sampler with the Rubaiyat quote.  My sister added hyacinth bulbs and it was our birthday gift to our mother in 1991. [Initials N and V, plus our mother's initials MHB.])  


 I also wore "sock the vote" socks. (They're from Zkano.  Not only are they American-made, they are also a nice weight. I will purchase from them again.)  Illinois has local elections in April so these won't be put away for very long. On Monday evening we happily signed our neighbor's petition to be on the ballot for village trustee for a third term.



I wore the pearls and the socks for our afternoon field trip to Singing Hills, a forest preserve on the west edge of Lake County.  70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky!  




We've completed the #HikeLakeCounty list for Fall, 2020.   LCFPD has more than 50 properties and we look forward to (eventually) visiting all of them. 











# # # # # # # # #
In the studio:

The next installment of the Civil War Reproduction Stash Reduction Project (CWRSRP):  eighty 6" Birds in the Air blocks in blue and white.  I envisioned setting them in 4's as shown but maybe I won't!





Linking up with Midweek Makers on another gloriously sunny and unusually warm November day. 

 






 
P.S. It's my AlphaGammaversary! Fifty years ago today I accepted a bid to pledge Alpha Gamma Delta.  It was a life-determining decision for which I'm grateful.  [So many beloved friends, so many memorable events, so many opportunities.....] 


7 comments:

  1. I love your pearls and your socks, Nann! Congratulations on meeting your Hike Lake County goal, too. The Birds in the Air blocks are just great! I especially like them all set together the way they are in that second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary nann...and i love the new repro quilt idea....will be gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both arrangements of blocks. I am starting my own stash reduction project - reproduction double pinks, and reproductions lights and shirtings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you wore the pearls. I don’t have any, real or imitation, but I kept RBG in my thoughts. She was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear an RBG black mask with lace under the nose often! Must show our loyalty! Congratulations on hiking so many Forest Preserves. The Birds in the Air are lovely. I guess I like the first two which show off the block more but then I’m fairly traditional! 😏 Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Birds in the Air. Looks like they are ready to take flight. Congratulations on your anniversary. Stay Safe, Nann.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your birds in the air blocks turned out beautifully. I like both settings, so picking one would be hard.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.