Friday, October 2, 2020

Friday check in: OMG for October

 I'm not big on seasonal decor -- a pumpkin and mums on the front stoop in October and nutcrackers on the mantel at Christmas are about the extent of it. But I do have "summer" and "winter" dishes.  This week I swapped the Summer Chintz for Fair Winds


The dinnerware change over called for a new set of placemats.  In 2009 I coordinated a swap for apple blocks.  My share were consigned to the orphans box until last year when I offered most of them in the Orphan Adoption giveaway -- I kept four. They came to the top of the stack this week and, boom!  here's what happened. 
That takes care of what I thought would be my October OMG.  Now I need to choose another project.

I think that project has chosen me.  These two sets of blocks were waiting patiently in the orphans box.   I hadn't planned to make a Christmas quilt this year because AAUW isn't having an in-person holiday luncheon. (For nearly 20 years I've made a holiday quilt that's raffled for AAUW.)  The red stars are remainders from last year's AAUW quilt. The Yankee puzzles are from a birthday block exchange. I think there's a combination here . . .

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts     Finished or Not Friday     Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

P.S. Our ballots came in today's mail. 




9 comments:

  1. I like your simple apple placemats! I hope you do make a quilt using those orphans! I would be great!
    We’ve had our ballots for about a week! I had to do some research on a couple of state Supreme Court justices and a couple of district court justices! Now mine is ready to be delivered...waiting on DH to sit down and do his! 🤫🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
  2. fair winds so appropriate since this is the 400th anniversary of mayflower's arrival.....i voted already and turned in my ballot and got an email from board of elections saying they got it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those dishes - how pretty - and with your pumpkin placemats! I like the blocks up on the wall - excited to see what they will become!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great and fun idea to change dishes.

    I think those two sets of orphans do go well together. I can't see the fabrics in those Yankee Puzzles well enough but I think I made one of those birthday blocks a long time ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your dishes very much! I have never thought about changing out dishes for the season. I have some dishes I seldom use because they are heavy but they deserve to come out some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Fairwinds time of the year. I hope to get mine out soon. YOur pumpkin placemats are charming
    cute Christmas blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fair winds dishes! Good job going through the "orphans" and I'll be watching for that Christmas quilt to evolve. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pleasant change for your table! and combining those 2 sets of orphans would make a nice "family" together! If you make it the opportunity to give it will come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.