Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Midweek: two finishes and a start

 
xx
Tuesday afternoon:   This dragonfly stayed in place on the ornamental plum tree long enough for me to take a photo.  I love the way the leaves look bronze when the sunlight filters through them.   (I also got two feet from a hummingbird that was feasting on phlox nectar, but I didn't have my phone at hand.)   

 xx
 
 In the studio:  I finished the wall hangings which means that two-thirds of my August OMG are completed.   They used three yards in all. 

xx
The new project:   when I reorganized the file of Quiltville patterns I came across Bonnie's String Spiderweb  I'm using duplicate of some of those Quiltville printouts for the foundation.  I've been trying (admittedly, not very hard) to use up all of the 30's stash.  This is what's left and I hope that a lot of it will got into the spiderwebs.
xx


Add me to the list of those who can't figure out the new Blogger.  Gotta keep practicing! 

Linking up with Midweek Makers  

5 comments:

  1. I have been trying to use up my repro 30s stash too. I need to actually give away what is left after I make the next 2 quilts. I love it for baby quilts. When I give people a choice of 3 baby quilts they always take the 30s quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I have a shoebox of 30’s fabric gathered in the early 2000s. At some point the colors changed so “new” 30’s repro fabric don't seem to match my collection. I have a pattern and at one time I had the background. It got repurposed. Someday I hope to use it up using the chosen pattern. Time will tell. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice use of 30's fabric. I think I'll never run out of mine, I have so much. I don't like the new Blogger interface either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone seems to be complaining about the new blogger. Not sorry. I don’t do that! Nice finish on the quilts! No too buried by 30{s but the Civil War seems to grow every time I get near!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what cute little quilts!
    I am using the Legacy blogger, which is the old version. You should be able to do that too.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.