Friday, July 10, 2020

Friday report: blocks made and sent, the flock comes together, and batik bonanza




We got 1.67" of badly-needed rain Thursday evening. 

I was going to make 60 string blocks as my contribution to the HeartStrings memorial for Marianne, but I miscounted and made 61.  I mailed them along with some fabric to Sue in Minnesota. 











I decided against sashing the GITP blocks. Because I was careful about the size of each unit and thus each block, all the seams match up. (Yay!) 
















 Here is the quilt that inspired this project. I am contemplating using the border (intermittent flying geese) using scrappy grays if that won't look too spotty.  [Danny's Quilt by Ruth Ann Johnson, published in Great American Quilts 2003.]








Libby -- Hillside Quilter -- said she was culling her batik stash. I offered to relieve her of some of it and sent her a check.  Here's what she sent me!  32 yards that include an infusion of light cream/neutral -- perfect for replenishing my  batik HST box.


Linking up with Alycia and friends at  Finished or Not Friday
and Sarah and friends at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict

8 comments:

  1. WOW!! You had an amazing week! Good for the rain!
    Your String blocks are wonderful and a great addition for the Memorial for Marianne! and the colors on your GITP ... WOW!! it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm debating about sashing, too, just to make my GITP bigger. I meant to point out that included some yellows for your PEO flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the GITP without sashing....and nice new stash....can't lose with batiks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you to get that much rain. We got 1/2" but some is better than none.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say that was a awesome week, Nann! A completed quilt top AND a stash enhancement? Sounds like time for a celebration. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great week of sewing! I agree with you on not using a border. It's a wonderful quilt as is! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your GITP is stunning! Great use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome blocks. Love the colors. I wish we'd get some rain.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.