Friday, May 15, 2020
Rainbow Rail Fence is finished
UPDATE: the problem turned out to be that the end of the outflow hose was wrapped incorrectly. That led to a backup. The backup filled the window well -- we had 2" of rain yesterday -- and that leaked into the laundry room. The plumber redug the drain trench and the end of the pipe is OPEN. Relief.
. . . . BUT, ta-da! Rainbow Rails is finished. It's narrower than I intended (blocks were lost when I trimmed it up). It's really long because I felt the sashes needed to be 3" to balance the 6" rail fence rows.
I auditioned many fabrics for the back. Nothing clicked until I looked in the box of vintage fabric. The long piece on the left looks contemporary but it was just 36" wide. The others are new (within the last year!) but worked well. The green print is one I just loved but found really hard to work into anything because the motifs are big and definitely directional.
Meanwhile, I'm back in the mask business. My neighbor received her backorder of elastic and gave me a 100-yard spool. That's enough for 257 masks. I gave 15 yards of elastic and some fabric to another friend. (She came over to get it and we had chatted for 20 minutes. It was so nice to have an in-person conversation!) I got a request from the library business manager saying they hope to open June 1 and need masks. I leaped into it and said I'd make 100. When I finished Rainbow Rails I started cutting.
Linking up with Finished or Not Friday
Whoop Whoop Friday
Scrap Happy Saturday