Monday, February 10, 2020

Weekly update: RSC, a finish, and a stumble


Here's one of my 2020 RSC projects, with bright green for January and orange for February.




Here's the other:  HSTs in the  monthly color plus neutral.


I quilted Star Crossed with free-motion swoops and swirls.  It's 54 x 66.


























I made an 18th tablecloth tote bag (see  this post)  just to be sure I'll have enough for everyone at the Magpie meet up. [No photo.]


Stumble!  "Read the instructions through to the end. Read them again."  I did not follow that advice and mispieced ten sets of units for Frolic.  The HSTs in are supposed to be blue + aqua, not blue + raspberry.








Here's the one block I managed to complete after I realized my piecing error.   The blocks are complex but because all the units are made it's basically a nine-patch.

Linking up with other bloggers:
RSC at So Scrappy
Monday Making
Oh Scrap!
Design Wall Monday

8 comments:

  1. That's not a stumble--it's the start of your intriguing pieced backing for Frolic!

    Now, sewing a shirt back onto the end of a sleeve--THAT's a stumble!

    See you soon in beautiful, rainy Austin,

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH on the stumble. Hopefully it didn't take too long to replace the units but 10 x 4 are 40 units if I understand the problem. Thanks for showing the finished block that is correct. I've been wondering how I could get that series of triangles around an inner block. Well now it is perfectly clear. Thanks. Are the star pieces actually half sq triangles? I suppose I could read the directions too but I'm lazy. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really like how Star Crossed turned out. Congrats on the finish.

    Do you know yet what you are going to do with all your RSC HSTs? Or are you just using scraps and making them for the Parts Dept?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Bonnie's instructions were especially well written this time. Making small units to sew like nine patches seems to make easier construction. I'm making tote bags, too, but mine are much more basic than your beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your progress in ORANGE, Nann (and that lovely quilt finish, too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star Crossed is beautiful! Frolic gives me a headache (I’ve read other piecing woes), so I’m glad I sat this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been accomplishing sew much! You put me to shame. I need to step up my game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tote bags made from old tablecloths are so beautiful. It gives me the idea of what to do with my old tablecloths. Thanks! I learn so much every week with all of the quilters who link up with Design Wall Mondays. I appreciate you. Good luck with Frolic - it looks like a challenge to put together, Judy

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.