Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Midweek: blocks assembled

I've made all 25 blocks for Frolic. Each matched-up set of units was stored in its own baggie so assembling each block was a matter of sewing part A to part B to part C.

(Now that I look at the photo I see a couple of turned-around HSTs -- top row, second from right, and third row, second from right. Glad I caught them.)

The blocks will be set on point with half-blocks in place of setting triangles. I have to figure out in which box or set of baggies those components are.

Making the blocks is my One Monthly Goal. As I sew I am listening to audiobooks that are entries for the Independent Publishers Group Ben Franklin Awards. I have to get those evaluations in by the end of the month.

Linking up with other quiltmakers (who just may be listening to audiobooks, too) at Susan's Midweek Makers .

7 comments:

  1. they are pretty nann...looking forward to seeing the finished top...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You're ahead of me, girlfriend. I haven't counted but I might have as many as 10 done. I'm finding them quite boring to do. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compared to my snail speed you are QUICK! Glad you were able to catch the oopsies in time to fix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your softer shades make an interesting variation to Frolic. Digital camera are helpful in finding mistakes of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! I, too, have had to change a few blocks ... they get twisted so easily!
    And, I also listen to audiobooks while I sew!
    Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stick-to-it-iveness, Nann! There are a lot of small pieces in that beautiful top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors you have used in Frolic, and can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.