Monday, June 17, 2019

Weekly update: RSC, Block Lotto, and daisies

The AAUW summer luncheon was Tuesday.  There's a silent auction and a 50/50 cash raffle, too.  I donated several canvas tote bags (library conference souvenirs), some miscellaneous treasures and book, and two quilts.  The proceeds raised $959 for our STEM scholarships given to graduating senior girls.  (Adding this week's revenue to the money on hand mean that we have three scholarships funded for 2020!) 

The first-ever multi-club Rotary presidential installation was on Saturday at the historic Genesee Theater in downtown Waukegan.   Six area clubs participated, including ours (Illinois Beach Sunrise). After the event there was a behind-the-scenes tour.



















 # # # # # # # # # #
Here are six "vee" blocks for the June Block Lotto. They're paper-pieced.






I went ahead and made pinwheel blocks out of the remaining colors in the 2019 Rainbow Scrap Challenge.   Here are 92 in black, pink, and purple.  They are now in a box with the previous colors -- red, green, yellow, turquoise, orange, light blue, and dark blue -- 310 6" pinwheels.  I consider them seeds for any number of quilts. Stay tuned!







One of my P.E.O.chapter sisters is moving out of state later in the summer. I made this runner as a going-away gift on behalf of all the chapter.  (P.E.O.'s flower is the marguerite, or daisy.)  The pattern is by Ann Weber and was published in McCall's, June, 2009. (Started Friday, finished Sunday!)














I fussy-cut the centers of the small flowers.

Linking up with
Oh Scrap!
Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday
Moving It Forward




Happy Father's Day!
Back to college, 1971. 
This essay will tell you all about pocket protectors like those my dad always used.







11 comments:

  1. The runner is beautiful. She will think of you every time she looks at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift - and it looks nothing like a 2 day project!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful runner - very summery. Your RSC blocks are really multiplying. Pretty soon we'll see a quilt (or two from your subtle hint).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed looking through your quilty photos. But I especially love that you included of photo of you and your dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful you got so much participation in the events! Love your quilt runner--gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual, you've been busy. The runner looks great -- so happy and springy looking. Can you remind me how many yards are in a pound of fabric? Our state quilt museum is having a sale where fabric will be sold by the pound - $9.00. I know you've mentioned it many times but I can't for the life of me remember. And, I've recently cleared out my email where I KNOW you told me the amount! Sigh. I can no longer comment on blogs through my google account when I am on Safari. It is a real pain. I think there is a fix but .... have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can’t believe you whipped up that beautiful runner so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Vee blocks.I would have dropped everything and made them but they are paper-pieced. That makes me slow down :-) May be for RSC next year. The daisies on your runner are so beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.