Friday, May 17, 2019

Friday start . . . and finish


I made a contribution to the Freedom to Read Foundation for its 50th anniversary celebration at ALA Annual this June.  This morning I got a reminder that I needed to submit the copy for a quarter-page ad.

I thought about clever sayings ("My library has something to offend everyone" is one of my favorites) but I turned to fabric.  I began this at 8:30 a.m. and finished it at 12:30 p.m. (Well, I have to stitch down the hanging sleeve and make the label.)

This was my first project using letters by Lynne Tyler (Patchery Menagerie). 
The background is light lime/off white. The letters are made from two Australian prints.
It's 42 x 12.

3 comments:

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.