Sunday, March 31, 2019

Quilt Show Report

Nann and Cathy
Irene and I went to the Quilt Festival at Rosemont on Friday.  We always start with the quilt exhibits and then go shopping. 


We'd just begun the first aisle when someone said, "You're Nann!"  I said I was and she introduced herself.  It was Cathy, whose blog is Sane Crazy Crumby Quilting .  She and her friend left Iowa at 6 a.m. to get to the show.




  The quilts on display were lovely as always, though there weren't any that knocked my socks off. There was only one exhibit that prohibited photography. (There have been more no-photo exhibits at previous shows and I have complained.) 



























This was an interesting group exhibit.  There were fifteen? eighteen? quilts made from a pattern of this sampler quilt.

The original is on the right.  (The date is in the center, second row from the bottom.)

The new versions had a variety of colorways. One woman made four!


















The vendor mall was about half the size of previous years.  The closeout companies were absent.   A couple of bargains lowered the average price for my total 22 yards to about $10/yd.   I stuck to my shopping list -- white-with black, more DaGama indigos -- and indulged a wee bit with some Australian prints.

 This is the last year that Quilts Inc. will have a Chicago show. They haven't announced a location for spring, 2020.   Indianapolis? St. Louis? Kansas City?  I'd go to any of those!



3 comments:

  1. I think the big shows have over-saturated the market. I enjoy the mid-size shows much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty, detailed quilts to motivate and inspire! What fun to meet up with another blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great quilts and what a fun quilty meet up~

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.