Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Midweek: EQTAS, Rockin' Robin, and a flimsy

Yesterday I presented Every Quilt Tells a Story, my quilt history program, for another P.E.O.  chapter. I knew several of the members from our county round table (and one is an AAUW friend).  I give a trunk show of quilts I've made and quilts I've collected. I ask people to share quilts they've inherited, received as gifts, or made themselves.

Jody's grandmother made this.  Isn't it super?


Donna remembers that this was always on her grandparents' bed. Her grandfather was a draftsman and created the templates for the appliques that her grandmother sewed. The green edging is worn-out applique.

The green leaves haven't survived but the green cornucopias have.

I suggested to both Jody and Donna that their quilts should be professionally appraised.


Mickey and Dorie are quiltmakers. Here are their recent projects.


# # # # # # #













The guild 2019 Round Robin began at the January meeting.  LM's starter block is 10".  I added the brown/turquoise borders.  The The strips and squares were cut 1-1/4" and finish at 3/4". I used a couple of can't-cut-this! fabrics that I have had for a long time. 


And, hurrah!  X Marks the Block is a flimsy!  6-1/2 yards.

Linking up with Midweek Makers


6 comments:

  1. I'd have enjoyed your lecture. It's always a treat to see vintage quilts. Are they planning to applique new leaves? A lot of work but it might be worth it.
    And I'm so impressed you finished the X top already. How quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! "Can't cut this" fabrics are the hardest hurdles to using the stash, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing vintage quilts! They are so special! Love the X-block top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful quilts! thanks for sharing. Wish I could hear your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could have heard your talk. The vintage quilts are beautiful. Love your string quilt! I must try that. Have enough strings ! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. X Marks the block already looks fantastic. It will make a fabulous quilt. Hope you are staying warm.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.