Monday, September 10, 2018

Weekly update: baskets, blossoms, and sprouts

My aching back is somewhat better. I have had two acupuncture sessions with a third scheduled for tomorrow.  I make a conscious effort to sleep on my side.  It takes an hour in the morning to unkink. By mid-day I'm fine.

I was sorry to miss the Wisconsin Quilt Expo. The quilt shop that coordinated the bus trip gave me a refund (thanks, Heather!).  On the bright side: look at how much fabric I didn't buy!

As I posted on Saturday, I finished the September OMG projects.  I'm now caught up on this month's Block Lotto.  I'm partial to basket blocks. This variation was fun to make.


I've received ten California poppy blocks, my winnings from the August Block Lotto. Here they are along with the nine that I made.  I will have 40 in all.



A small window has opened: I don't have any projects with imminent deadlines. I'm messing around with scraps as I ponder what to work on next.  This project is sprouting from blocks  made from the scraps of the Gypsy Wedding Wheels quilt that I made for my niece and her husband. How setting these with a reads-as-solid gray for a modern scrappy quilt?  Hmmmm.....

(And I just got an email saying that the meeting I had this evening has been cancelled. More time to sew!)

Monday link ups:
Oh, Scrap!
Monday Making
Moving It Forward
Design Wall Monday

3 comments:

  1. Those basket blocks are super cute. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap! Enjoy your sew time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your back is recovering. Your baskets are really cute and I really love the strippy scrap block!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.