Saturday, September 8, 2018

RSC Saturday: a detour and blue

I let the Rainbow Scrap Challenge get away from proceed without me for July (red/maroon) and August (brown/orange).  September is dark blue and black/dark neutral.  I declared catching up with RSC would be on my One Monthly Goal list.

I am caught up!  I changed things around: because I made a light/dark blue block earlier this year (when the month was "light blue") I did not make another blue block for September, nor do I want to make a black/dark neutral. I did make a red block, an orange block, and a brown block.  (Yes, I realize that the green block in the photo is turned around.)

Each Chinese Puzzle block has 20 different darks and 10 different lights.  I am going to choose something simpler for 2019.



Here is my most recent scrappy blue project. It's still a flimsy.  I assembled it in early July. The pattern is by Nancy Rink and was published in Quilt magazine. The box blocks are 8" unf.; with sashing 9.5" unf.


Linking up to other RSCers for
Scrap Happy Saturday


7 comments:

  1. The blocks are lovely, Nann. I believe that there are some parts of the orange block that are turned around, too. (??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eye! The middle 2 sections of the right-most column are backwards.

      This pattern always reminds me of a simple bow with 2 loose ends, and I've been wondering how it would look if 4 loose ends met. That layout is *almost* achieved in the lower right quadrant (with the 'wrong' green block). If the blue block was turned 90 degrees....

      Delete
    2. Actually the mispieced section is the right column. The bottom two HSTs should be inverted and then switched with the top two HSTs. I have done that now. Your setting occurred to me, too, Carolyn

      Delete
  2. Great Chinese Puzzle blocks but I LOVE the scrappy blue quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'd for sure be puzzling over the Chinese Puzzles if I gave those a whirl.
    I do love those Scrappy Blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE your BLUE scrappy quilt, Nann!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting all caught up on your RSC blocks. Your blue scrappy quilt is lovely! Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.