Monday, April 23, 2018

Weekly update: the three bears

Projects this week were like the Three Bears.

Here's Mama Bear (medium):
 The wallhanging is quilted and bound. I have printed the label but haven't sewn it on yet.  I had a heck of a time getting the pinwheels to fit. I measured the center block several times and cut . . . too small! So I had to add coping strips. Then I had to trim the side strips a bit more.  It's 16 x 20.











Here's Papa Bear (large):   This is approx. 52 x 60.  It's the very last round of the guild round robin. My addition is the batik checkerboard outer border.  (The beginning center block has eight small paper-pieced elephants.) It will certainly be interesting to see how participants have added to each of our beginning blocks. The presentation will be at the guild meeting May 3.











Here's Baby Bear (small):  Actually, a litter of baby bears.  These four mug rugs (6 x 9) will be included in gift baskets for the outgoing AAUW officers. Installation is at the May 8 meeting. (AAUW colors are green and blue).

The inner stars are 3" finished. Those small pieces (1-1/4 for the corner squares) did not daunt me. I made many units on that scale for the Moda Blockheads project.
I promptly trimmed the cutaway triangles from the larger flying geese.


Here is Goldilocks: the second tote bag for the Gender Equity Fund silent auction fundraiser at next weekend's AAUW-IL convention. I have the front and back pieced and quilted.

I'm adding this post to the Monday link ups:
Oh, Scrap!
Design Wall Monday
Moving It Forward





P.S. Friday was National Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day.  We celebrated appropriately.









7 comments:

  1. Quite a productive week! The mug rugs are so sweet. Seeing a bit of your studio, I can see why you get so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! What lovely projects you've been busy wth! I'm anxious to see the RoundRobin reveal so I hope you take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed Pineapple Upside Down Cake. It's one of our favorite desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy, busy! Those mug rugs are wonderful! How did I miss Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day! It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy Busy. I like the brite and colorful Mama Bear Quilt. Your Papa Bear Round Robin quilt is nice. I did my first round robin last year. I was so amazed at the borders each person added. I stressed over each border I did but I will do another one in time. I added a couple of simple borders to my round robin and the quilter just called to say it was all done. The quilter did some custom quilting. Can't wait to go see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss Pineapple Upside Down Cake week? I will have to catch up and make one a little late. Your projects are turning out great - the mug rugs are very nice! Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, I appreciate you, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very productive week. It is so frustrating when the math is wrong. But your pinwheel quilt is cute. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.