Monday, April 30, 2018

Weekly update: Q/B/L

Q/B/L = Quilted, Bound, and Labeled

I made the flimsy in January. The design is by Tammy Silvers.  The back is a duvet cover from Salvation Army with a strip of churn dash blocks from the swap that Barb hosted a couple of months ago.

This will be donated to the ALA silent auction.







Batik hexies have been my travel handwork for a while. The photo shows two "islands" of rosettes put together. I may incorporate these into a couple of tote bags that are on my to-do list.

Monday linkups:
Design Wall Monday
Oh, Scrap!
Moving It Forward




6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a lovely finish for a worthy cause. the churn dash blocks add an element of interest to the back :-) The yellow centers make beautiful hexies. They will make beautiful tote bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the finished quilt. What? No name for the finish? I'm so bad at naming quilts. So mine don't get named all that often. Sigh! But the cause is great as is the finish. Your hexies look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such Quilty goodness! I sewed all my 'to go' hexies into one piece of fabric, but I haven’t decided what I’ll make with it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely donation quilt. I have always loved that block design. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your donation quilt! The backing is pure fun. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt - I really like all the colors and how some blend and some pop!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.