Thursday, February 1, 2018

An easier way and the stash report

Pinterest helpfully provides pins it thinks I'd like.  A design
called Boomerang caught my eye. I clicked through (here is the link) and saved the free pattern.  While waiting for the release of the 48th and final Blockheads block I decided to give Boomerang a go. I pulled fabrics. I looked at the instructions. (Photo on right.)  They looked pretty complicated to me.  Why make more work for myself?



I cut two 3.5 squares and 6.5 x 3.5 rectangle. The blocks are 6.5, slightly smaller than the pattern.  I set them diagonally.  That was somewhat more involved than the straight set of the pattern but my blocks were easier to make.




Here's my version. (I haven't trimmed the edge blocks yet.)

It's pretty close to the designer's quilt.
(c) Emma Jean Jansen















This unexpected flimsy added another 5 yards to the "fabric out" tally.  (I realize it's hard to read the red card but it's practically blank.)
YTD out:  77-7/8 yards
YTD in:  1 yard, $6.60  









6 comments:

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.