Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A couple of changes and a winter wonderland

First edition  
See the difference?  Yesterday I wrote that I thought the design needed a visual resting place.  I also made two additional blocks to show the construction. I made an additional column that used those two blocks (and made more). I pieced two rows of 2.5" squares and inserted them. (They're well-camouflaged, but they're there.)  Fortunately I assembled the first edition horizontally. That made it easier to un-stitch, insert, and re-stitch.
Second edition 
Now I'm auditioning backing fabric. 












Meanwhile, outdoors:   a rare January thunderstorm brought rain that turned to snowfall overnight. I took these pictures at the Camp Logan unit of Illinois Beach State Park this noontime.





Wind from the northeast brought big waves and a lot of crashing on the breakwater (which I last showed covered in ice).

The dark blue-gray of the sky and the water would be beautiful in a quilt . . .


Linking up with other quiltmakers on Freemotion By the River













3 comments:

  1. I see where you added the extra row ... or at least I think I do! You get so much done I'm always in awe. The snow looks pristine. Do people stay home when it snows there? A dusting gets people riled up here in Virginia. It's always a good time to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your additions are subtle, but they work really well. Congrats on stopping that long slideeee. Congrats on finishing off your OMG and on your ribbons. Those photos are pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.