Monday, December 18, 2017

Update: more holiday happenings, ORL Clue 4 and tying up ends



Yesterday's Christmas play at church was such fun! This year there were four skits: "It Wasn't the Hilton, You Know," "If We Do It, It Will Work" (featuring God and the initially-dubious Archangels Gabriel and Michael), "Christmas Eve at Angel School," and "Census Takers in Bethlehem" ("they told me to count the sheep and I fell asleep").   The fellowship hall was filled at the potluck that followed.


In the evening we went to the Lake County Symphony Orchestra concert. There was a concerto for strings, a pops medley for brass, and "Amahl and the Night Visitors."  One family (music theater professionals) has been in Amahl for many years, she playing the mother and he playing a king (this year Balthazar). Their young est son played Amahl this year.  The older two both had that role in the past. This year one was the servant and one in the chorus.

You may remember Amahl from TV.  I did, and from a children's book, but I'd forgotten the story until LCSO revived it.  (Here is the backstory: Amahl )

# # # # # # #


I had half the center of Brooks' I Spy quilted when the Pfaff broke down (mid-November). I quickly got the hang of FMQing with the new Janome (I like it!) and now the quilt is finished and labeled. The baby is due in mid-January.


I practiced applique and some more FMQing on this snowflake mug rug.














Here's the next installment of the guild round robin. I added the red and blue flying geese units.





 Moda Block Heads #39, #40, #41.  There are seven more blocks in the series.
The bird-on-a-branch pattern is called Cardinal. I made a red bird for an earlier block so I changed this to Blue Jay.





Mystery quilt progress:


I made 96 of the 218 units for On Ringo Lake #4.

Each week's units gets its own Snapware box.








I'm still not content with my array of "light neutrals" so I bought some more. The salmons  caught my eye.  Eight quarter-yards.



We leave for our Christmas/New Year Road Scholar trips on Wednesday.  Next blog post will be in 2018!

Monday link ups:
Mystery Monday
Design Wall Monday

7 comments:

  1. "This is my box. This is my box. I never travel without my box!"

    You've been very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Have a grand trip. Where to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels! Don't you think 218 is a strange number? Pretty units, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, have a great trip Nann...and I think you hit it on the spot with your suggestion of #5 clue being the block assembly.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.