Friday, September 1, 2017

August roundup and September OMG

Rabbit, rabbit!  
It's the first of the month.  
(Here is the explanation of the saying.) 

You can hear the chorus: "Where has the summer gone?"  

Texas friends and relatives report that they escaped major flooding from Hurricane Harvey. I chose to send money rather than quilts to aid relief efforts right now.  I can send quilts later.

I came to the conclusion that the house would not clean itself.  I had really let things get out of hand.   Never again!  I engaged a house cleaner who was recomended by a friend. She spent *18* hours on the upstairs and it looks wonderful.  We're going to have her come once a month.  (My studio is downstairs. I will tackle that.) 

Here's the stash report:  
Fabric in, January-July:  203-2/3, $827.99
Fabric in, August: 47, $177.05
Total fabric in, YTD: 250-5/8, $1005.14, average $4.00
   (among the bargains this month: an all-cotton duvet cover, 8 yards for $3!)
Fabric out, January-July: 336-1/4
Fabric out, August:  48-1/2
Total fabric out, YTD:  384-3/4 
    (that includes fabric given away and fabric sold, as well as fabric sewn)
Net: 134 yards out

My entry for the OMG September is to finish the Tree Farm quilt.  I made two green trees last night. The third tree is ready to assemble.  We will be on vacation (hooray!) from September 10-21 so I won't have much sewing time.  Here is the linkup:  One Monthly Goal 



















I took this picture on my postprandial walk last evening.  The ring around the sun and the milky clouds are from the Canadian wildfires 1,000 miles away.

9 comments:

  1. Will you be a Road Scholar again this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous trees. Looking forward to seeing how they all end up together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree quilt will be fun. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tree Farm looks like a fun project. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tree farm! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice reviews....and a house cleaner! what joy! i had one for a while when i owned the house...pure heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the housekeeper. Soon, very soon, I plan to do the same thing. But husband questions the need as he will vacuum. But honestly, who wants to clean when one could quilt or read???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer sped by didn't it? Good luck with your September OMG. Enjoy your vacation time.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.