Saturday, April 15, 2017

Third time is the charm!


I've written about making a good-bye gift for a P.E.O. sister who is moving out of state in a couple of months.  P.E.O.'s flower is the marguerite, or daisy. As a result I am always attuned to daisy-print fabric and daisy quilt patterns.


 I made this wall hanging.  It turned out nicely but it's 29" x 39" and thus requires a large space.


I made this quilt but it's more than the occasion requires. (Surely you've had gift-giving occasions like that.)

[Both of these have been quilted since the photos were taken.]











A recent email update from All People Quilt, the website for American Patchwork and Quilting magazine, had a link to wall hanging patterns.  I took a look and found the perfect pattern!  It's "Colorful Fun Daisies" by Linda Sullivan.  [I tried to find the URL for the pattern and cannot. I wish that the APQ site had a "search pattern" feature. Good thing I've downloaded it to my computer.]

It's 16" x 32" and can be a table runner or a not-too-big wall hanging.






4 comments:

  1. I love all your daisies, but the table runner is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table runner is a real winner! I'm sure she will love it!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful "Baby Bear" project! Those colors make me smile, and I'm sure they will your PEO sister, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nann -- really three projects? I know you will put the extra 2 to good use but you win the Overachiever Award this week! I like the newest daisy table runner. Very springy looking. (Honestly, in this usage is springy allowed?) Also, I like the pieced background in black and white fabrics. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.