Monday, December 21, 2015

DWM: bubbles stalled and cake stands started


Weekend activity:  two funerals.  One was at my hometown church (25 miles away) and one was here (in Zion).  Consequently "Well done, thou good and faithful servant," and "for all the saints, who from their labors rest" have been on my mind.

Back in the studio:

I assembled the Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. Oops!  Can you see the problem?  (The purple block is too small.)  Back to the cutting table.













However, at the moment the cutting table has been overtaken by batiks.  The Coalition for Healthy Communities board will have some changes in 2016.   A long-time board member is stepping down. I said I'd make a wallhanging to honor her service.   Batiks go with everything and the more batik prints in a quilt the better.  (Blocks are 4.5 unf.)



Batik FQ--yardage is on shelves

  How can I tell it's Christmas week?  I have NO MEETINGS!

I'm linking up with quiltmakers at
Patchwork Times
 Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
So Scrappy
 Love Laugh Quilt






9 comments:

  1. You remind me of my parents -- they were so much busier volunteering after Daddy Bill retired. How did the purple block end up too small?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over-zealous squaring-up, and all those seams...

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your week without meetings. More time to sew! Hope the purple block is fixable. What a fun quilt it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh nann your little cake stands are sooo cute! and you are right, batiks go with everything! you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Rainbow Scrap Blocks! I want to try those one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those little batik beauties! And your rainbow blocks, too, of course, but batiks always capture my heart. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your circle quilt is great but those cake stand blocks...swoon! Thanks for sharing these beauties with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like cake stands. It might be time to make a new one. Batiks sound perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Nann. I found your post on Monday Making, my first post there. Your batik cake stands are lovely. You can't go wrong with batiks. That's a fine FQ collection there. Looking forward to RSC16, but not decided what to make yet. Have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.