Sunday, July 7, 2013

Illinois Beach, early July

The four-day holiday weekend featured beautiful weather: not too hot, not too humid, and sunny!   Because I was in Chicago last week for the ALA Annual Conference, it was nice to spend the time at home.

I did make time for a beach walk, on which I found two teeny pieces of glass for my beach glass collection. (It will be a long, long time until I fill up that jar.)



 The holes in this sandbank are nesting burrows by bank swallows, aka sand martins. You can read more about these little birds  here.


July wildflowers include harebells (campanula) and silverweed.  The harebells are indeed bell-shaped, but the silverweed flowers are definitely yellow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.