Sunday, February 17, 2013

DWM: Jelly Roll Christmas and Valentine hearts

I didn't have many sewing evenings this past week -- AAUW branch meeting on Tuesday, NLCQG* board meeting on Wednesday, Boys & Girls Club Have a Heart dinner on Friday (I donated a quilt to the silent auction), and the Zion Firefighters Assn. trivia contest fundraiser Saturday night -- but I did get Crossed Stars quilted and bound.  

Pictured here is another finish for the week. 
 NLCQG* had a charity sewing evening for the February program.  We did Jelly Roll Races, a technique popularized by the Missouri Star Quilt Co. -- you can see the instructions here . Each person brought her own jelly roll (40 2.5" strips).  I went to my Christmas stash for my selection.  I got most of the piecing done that evening and finished the center a day or so later.  This weekend I added borders, pieced the back, basted it, and quilted using meandering in the center and a sort of spiral in the border.  The quilt is 47 x 70 and used 6 yards.  It will be donated to an area agency along with other guild members' jelly roll quilts. 
Block Lotto participants are making "low-volume" hearts for February. These string-pieced blocks feature tone-on-tone or similar non-contrasting prints.  I made two....and I may make more!


See what other quiltmakers have in progress at Judy's Patchwork Times.
*NLCQG = Northern Lake County Quilters Guild.

2 comments:

  1. Love the hearts!! Those are just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas jelly roll is a cutie, good job to get it finished!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.