Finish #1: Four years ago I made 366 Heartstrings blocks
-- that's one a day in a Leap Year.
It's one thing to make all those blocks. It's another to make them into quilts -- seven 48-block and one 30-block. I thought I'd finished them all but at the bottom of the box of flimsies were two more 48-blockers. Here is one of the two, quilted and bound.
Finish #2: I used up a stack of 2.5" red and pink squares when I made this flimsy a year ago. It's 60 x 60. I quilted loopy flowers in the 16-patches, an undulating line in the sashes, and a vine in the border.
The new flimsy: Bonnie Hunter calls this block "Grandpa's Star" in her "Addicted to Scraps" feature in the March/April issue of Quiltmaker. I wrote last week that I'd make blocks until I ran out of red sashing fabric. I had enough for 25 blocks. Bonnie's block has 1.5" half-square triangles. Mine are 2.5", with 1.5" sashes and cornerstones. I contemplated making a pieced border but I found a red print (it has little yellow ovals) in my stash and there was just enough to cut 6" borders. Total stash busted: 4-7/8 yds.
See what other quiltmakers are working on this Design Wall Monday at Judy's Patchwork Times