Sunday, January 30, 2011

BOB, v. 2011

The Sew Many Swaps Yahoo Group has an annual "bag of blocks" swap.  Each participant rounds up blocks that she hasn't gotten around to setting.  She sends them to the coordinator who sends them to another participant.  That person sets the blocks and returns them to the first person.  I got L.S.'s blocks:  20 12" sampler blocks in bright-and-black.  I used 18 of them to create this top, which measures 73 x 90.  I didn't want to accentuate the black by using black setting fabric.  The motifs in the border/sashing fabric are outlined in black.

Here is what K.E. created from the 9-patch hearts that I sent.  It's about 61 x 72.  These blocks came from a Block Swappers' exchange.  I really like the border!

2 comments:

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.