Friday, November 14, 2014

FIF: holiday projects finished

I was delighted to get a complimentary copy of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, volume 10, as a follow up to my participation in Quiltmaker's Back-to-School Party in September.

Block #914 filled the bill for two projects on my to-do list.   At the NLCQG holiday dinner we have a block exchange.  I made one block of #914.  At my P.E.O. chapter holiday potluck we have a gift exchange.  I made the block and then made it into a pillow.  (The sample in the magazine had a white background. I used a light blue snowflake print. I had the blocks made before I even pulled out fabric to finish the pillow. Eureka! I had just the right green/red/blue print in my stash, and enough of it for the border and back of the pillow.)

The block(photo not shown) is 12.5" and the pillow is 17".   Of course I did machine applique.

Block #914 was designed by Joanne Rowicki of Gingham Girls



I'm linking up with dozens of other quiltmakers for Finish It Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts .

1 comment:

  1. You were lucky to get it early. The tree block is very cute. Nice to have a quilck finish on thie Friday too!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.