Sunday, July 4, 2010

Finally, a flimsy

I feel as though June was an unproductive month in terms of quilting. It was quite busy otherwise: getting going on my new AAUW assignment (state program v.p., which entails planning the fall conference and the spring convention); the library budget and fiscal year-end; and the ALA Annual Conference for which I had three presentations to prepare. 

Now that it's July I can report that I am behind on AAUW work. The budget was approved and the new fiscal year begun.  ALA, which was in Washington, DC, went very well: the three presentations were well-received; I saw many long-time friends; and I had time to be a tourist.

Here's my latest flimsy, finished this weekend.  It's one of two commissioned quilts that a colleague will give to her niece and nephew for Christmas. Obviously this is the niece's.  The request was for pink and green. I included some purple and yellow for variety. 




Here is the nephew's quilt. The request was for "red, blue, and sports." Each star has a different sports-themed fabric in the center.
Both quilts measure approximately 60 x 60.

3 comments:

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.