Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ALA Report, Part I

Lov
This was definitely the best tote bag at this year's ALA conference! I got mine at a program called "Love Is in the Air." Four romance writers spoke: Laura Caldwell, Cathie Linz, Eloisa James, and Debbie Macomber. Before the program Debbie was the only one with whom I was familiar. It's interested to know about writers' other lives. Caldwell is a professor at Loyola University School of Law. Linz is a former special librarian. James is a college professor whose expertise is Elizabethan theatre. (And she is the daughter of Robert and Carol Bly, the poet and short-story writer.) Macomber is a full-time novelist.

Linz gave a funny "day in the life of a romance writer," which included: "Check status of my books in WorldCat Local. Ah! They are in libraries from Abilene, Texas, to Zion, Illinois." I let out a shriek at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.