Friday, October 24, 2008

Reading at night: Lightwedge

Over the years I've tried different ways to shed light on what I'm reading while DH is asleep. The clamp-on book lights were not satisfactory: the batteries didn't last, the bulbs burned out, the clamp was clumsy. A flashlight is awkward to hold.

Enter Lightwedge! http://www.lightwedge.com/ I won this nifty product from a vendor at the Illinois Library Assn. conference last month, just in time to take on vacation. It's page-sized. It uses four AAA batteries. The LED light is bright, bright. It's great!
I made a carrying bag for it. There's a small pocket inside for extra batteries, though it shouldn't need new ones for quite a while. The brightness would show better if I took the picture in a darkened room.





2 comments:

  1. So you like it huh? Maybe I should put it on my xmas list....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks pretty neat but I'm lucky that Keith can sleep through anything so I just keep my light on...many times all through the night and it doesn't bother him at all. I wish I could sleep like that!

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.