Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Midweek: it's a flimsy

 


56 left-side zipper blocks assembled.  Blocks are 6 x 9 so this is 48 x 63.

Lynn, the designer, suggests refraining from pressing the seams one way or the other until the blocks are arranged.  I compromised with a light press so the blocks would stay on the design wall.  I sewed them into horizontal rows, then pressed alternate rows with seams to the 'east' and to the 'west.'  That way the  rows nested nicely.

The 20 right-side zipper blocks can just wait patiently.  

Linking up with  Midweek Makers Wednesday Wait Loss

P,S, I may move either the purple or the blue at the bottom right.

8 comments:

  1. I like seeing your layout, and how many blocks you used for this size, Nann! This is going to be a very fun quilt! Now that I think about it, all of my outer long seams are pressed to the long strips, and that is going to cause some trouble with nesting the seams when I sew rows together. Lynn's advice was right on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zipper blocks look terrific, Nann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These Zipper Blocks turned out beautifully--I love how they look all together...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the variety of fabrics here and how they all look so beautiful together. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/16/wednesday-wait-loss-341

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks good, Nann. Thanks for the pressing tip. That is one of the problems with Ocean Waves. I still haven’t found a way to get the seams to lie flat. Ann at FretNotYourself

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! As I looked at the design I got to thinking/wondering how it would look if the colour for the zipper 'teeth' stayed the same throughout. I don't wonder enough to actually try it, but I wonder if anyone has.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt! Well done, great pressing tip too, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the easy scrappiness of this one

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.