Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Midweek: January summary and February plans

 


Rabbit, rabbit -- it's February 1!

I had a great quilting month.

YTD fabric IN:   20 yards, free  (a gift from a friend)

YTD fabric OUT:  50-3/4    

Here's the new flimsy.   2-1/8 yards, 42 x 54.

The cheddar and gray/taupe solids were part of the charity quilt kits available at the guild meeting in December.  The charity chairmen said they'd put the kits together with what they thought might make a nice wheelchair quilt but that we could use the fabrics as we chose.  The kits I took turned out to be 20 yards and I have assuaged any guilt by making 12 wheelchair quilts (six quilted) that used more than 20 yards.

The kits had 1/2 yard of cheddar and four FQs of taupe/gray.  I didn't think I'd find anything to go with that dark taupe.   But when I saw the pattern This Way, Not That by Jen Kingwell (see Monday's post) the light bulb went on.   Since there was twice as much taupe as cheddar I added the rust.  It was fun to fussy-cut motifs from the African wax resist FQs I've been saving.   The border looks like two different fabrics but that's fussy-cut, too.

# # # # #

My OMG list for February:  

(1)   A wall hanging to enter in the GFWC-IL Tenth District Art Contest on March 1

(2)   A daisy-themed something for the outgoing president of the P.E.O. Lake County Round Table

(3)   A baby quilt commission.   I'm not sure when the baby is due, but the quilt is due before March 11 (the day of the baby shower). 

Bonus:   something PINK for the February RSC color.  (The baby is a boy so I can't double-duty.)

Linking up with OMG at Elm Street   Midweek Makers  Wednesday Wait Loss     

7 comments:

  1. Lovely top! Seems like you have a handle on your fabric stash as well, so kudos to you! Great goals for February. Can't wait to see that baby quilt. I love baby quilts! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely finish on the cheddar piece!! The colors you chose are super together...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt top!!! Love the cheddar + African prints!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rust was the perfect addition with the other colors. That turned out beautifully. — Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish and lots of great goals to strive toward this month. I'm impressed with how many quilts you made in January!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Throwing the rust in there works really well with the cheddar and taupe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. Do you stay up all night sewing? I wish I was a faster sewer but I doubt I’ll change at this stage.

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.