Sunday, November 6, 2022

Weekly update: a flimsy and a quilt show



 My laptop hard drive crashed. While it’s in the shop I am using my iPad. I’m not sure I’ll be able to cut-and-paste to either Oh Scrap or Design Wall Monday.  

Here’s the Ladder Stars flimsy.  62 x 72, 6 yards. 

The Fine Art of Fiber is the annual collaborative show put on by Illinois Quilters Inc., North Suburban Needlearts Guild, and Weaver’s Guild of the North Shore at the Chicago Botanic Garden.  I went Friday morning, the day it opened. There was quite a crowd.   Here are collages of some of the quilts on view.  



“My Fourth Floor Walk Up” got one of my viewer’s choice votes. My other vote was for “My BFMSA” (the orange/yellow quilt at the lower right of the third collage. BFMSA=Big Fat Mystery Sew Along.” 



Afterward I strolled around the rose garden — still heavily in bloom! They are installing the annual holiday light show.


The boutique had a host of beautiful fiber-related things — clothing and accessories and 
 gift items.  I stopped at a booth in the weaver’s section and told the woman that I’d bought a hat from her in 2013. I continue to wear it and get compliments on it. She said perhaps I’d like to update.  And I did!  This teal-tone knit hat will go nicely with my winter parka. 

Here’s the older hat. (Photo: Quebec, Dec. 2013).


Wish me luck with computing this week!



6 comments:

  1. Computer hard drive failures absolutely suck. I had that problem over the summer and finally opted for a new computer. Love your Ladder Stars quilt top, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ladder quilt is fantastic. The colors go together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stylish hat! Good choice! Quilt shows are such wells of inspiration for new projects. That quilt you finished is really pretty! It has such a warm look to it. Hope they can fix your hard drive. I'm really glad to no longer work in the IT world. I spent many years as a school tech coordinator along with teaching. The cyber security world and trying to retrieve files from "crashed" hard drives - beyond my skills these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your computer hard drive. Hope you get it fixed (or a new one installed) quickly. Blogging on an iPad is often problematic. Anyway, I love your “Fourth Floor Walkup”. Wow. I don’t remember that one at all. One of the best things about cold weather is getting to wear fun hats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been helping some family and only took my iPad. So I'm having many of the same problems. It's only after I've returned home that I can comment on posts. Sigh.
    Ladder Stars intrigues me greatly. Sometimes the ladder appears while other times the block is a more static star. You must have enjoyed laying these out and choosing exactly where to put each one.
    I love your older hat partly because it appears to have a brim. The new one is lovely. Teal is a good color on you. And it's cold enough to need a hat. {JFK didn't do anyone any favors when he walked to his inauguration hatless. Most of us look better with them.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Computers - Can't with them and can't live without them. Living in the country I deal with slow internet at times. Hope you get things replaced or fixed up. Good luck

    ReplyDelete

I have turned on comment moderation so be patient if you don't see it right away. If you are no-reply or anonymous I will not reply.